However, for new marketing strategies to be effective, you must first understand how potential customers behave online and what they need and value the most.
To help you with this, we’ve rounded up 19 of the top e-commerce stats every marketer should know, along with key insights from it. Use these new studies to shape your 2021 marketing strategy and apply these specific insights to grow your business.
Even with limited capital, it’s easy to start a business these days thanks to the growth of e-commerce. As consumers increasingly move towards online shopping (an estimated 95% of purchases will be made online by 2040), e-commerce opens the doors to new opportunities for countless entrepreneurs.
And these ecommerce sales opportunities are growing rapidly. In 2017, e-commerce was responsible for $ 2.3 trillion in revenue, which is expected to nearly double to $ 4.5 trillion by 2021. In the US alone, online shopping already accounts for 10% of retail sales and is expected to increase 15% year-over-year. growing up %.
19 E-Commerce statistics you need to know
- E-Commerce statistics: There are 2.14 billion online shoppers worldwide
- E-commerce statistics – Only 2.17 percent of e-commerce visits convert to purchases
- Ecommerce statistics: E-commerce generates 18 percent of all retail sales
- E-commerce statistic: Amazon is expected to account for 50 percent of all retail sales Revenue in 2021
- E-commerce statistic: Electronic retail sales expected to grow to $ 5.4 trillion in 2022
- E-commerce statistics: 61 percent of online retail traffic comes from mobile devices.
- E-commerce statistics – 68 percent of online shoppers search for a product on Google before buying.
- Ecommerce statistics: Fashion shoppers view 32 pages before buying
- E-commerce statistic: Buyers value availability of stock and speed of delivery more
- E-commerce statistics – 3D product images increase conversions by 250 percent
- E-commerce statistic: Digital and mobile wallets account for 45 percent of e-commerce payments
- E-commerce statistics: Pop-ups in e-commerce convert 4.76 percent on average
- E-commerce statistics: Pop-ups with two input fields outperform all others
- E-Commerce Statistics: Mobile pop-ups Contributes for 5.8 percent on an average
- E-Commerce statistic – Average shopping cart abandonment rate is 69.80.
- E-commerce statistics – 49 percent of shoppers turn their shopping carts over to 17 due to unexpected additional costs.
- E-commerce statistics – Abandoned cart emails have an average open rate of 45 percent
- E-commerce statistics: Three-quarters of repeatedly purchases are made online
- E-commerce statistics: The Fastest Growing Ecommerce Niche of 2020 is Disposable Gloves and Bread Makers
Developing an effective marketing strategy for your online store requires knowledge of business statistics, trends, and habits of e-commerce consumers.
I hope this article helped you get started with this strategy and found some of the answers you were looking for.